Family Support Worker - Fixed Term Contract (6 months)
Salary: £24,982-£28,672 pro rata per annum
Location: Multiple locations around Wokingham
Working Pattern: Full Time/Part Time
Hours: 37 hours hours per week. part time options available.
DBS Check: Enhanced
Closing Date: 11/04/2021 at 23:00 PM
This role is a 6-month Fixed Term Contract.
Wokingham is ambitious for its Social Care, and the quality of relationships our Workers develop with children and young people. We aspire to deliver the quality of service we ourselves would wish to receive.
To support this ambition, we are looking to take on two Family Support Workers for a 6-month fixed period. As a Family Support Worker, you will work with families that have at least one child under the age of five year, that are facing crisis, which could be linked to the pandemic. A focus will be on building positive working relationships and working directly with children in need, which could include children in need of protection.
- To deliver services to families through the use of tools such as Family Star, Signs of Safety, Restorative Practice and any other identified processes.
- To work directly with children and families in their homes, within the community or other venues.
- To provide support and challenge to families to empower them to identify their strengths and areas of development.
- To work in partnership with all professionals to achieve positive outcomes for children, young people and families.
This is an exciting time to join Wokingham Borough Council as we expand our children’s workforce to meet an increase in demand for our services and create innovative new teams and roles, using Signs of Safety as our practice framework.
We know that the success of ANY team will be dependent upon the people we employ. You will find an environment where our people are valued for the important and challenging work they undertake and will where their learning and development is promoted and supported.
To apply the candidate will need to have:
- A relevant qualification at NVQ3 or above
- At least two year’s experience of working with children and families in a formal setting
- An ability to use IT packages such as Microsoft Word and Outlook
- Good communication skill and be able to work effectively as part of a team
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience of delivering parenting programme/advice
- Experience of working with families where substance misuse, alcohol, mental illness and domestic abuse might be a feature
- Knowledge of child development
- A driving licence and access to a car
To apply please complete the application form, linked below.
Wokingham Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, other workers and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful candidates for this role will be subject to Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks along with other relevant employment checks.
WBC is an equal opportunities employer.
How to apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CVs submitted without a fully completed online application form.