Salary: £40,221 - £46,464 Per Annum
Location: Shute End/Home Working
Working Pattern: Full Time
Hours: 37 hours per week.
DBS Check: Enhanced
Closing Date: 07/01/2024 at 23:00
We have an excellent opportunity available for a qualified Occupational Therapist to join our award winning Adult Social Care Team at Wokingham Borough Council.
As the Occupational Therapist, you will be responsible for independently managing a caseload, which will reflect your grade and experience, completing a range of assessments and interventions in the areas of manual handling, seating, aids and adaptations, disabled facilities grant work and provide long term professional support.
You will play an integral role within our established multi professional team. This position will involve working with adults with a broad range of needs including people with learning disabilities, physical disabilities, older people and people with dementia.
You will be require completing Carers Assessments and provide information, advice and support to Carers.
We can offer you a fantastic range of benefits including flexible working opportunities, generous annual leave entitlement, relevant training opportunities, a local government pension scheme, discounts and much more!
- To work within the Adult Social Care team 18+, undertaking direct work with customers who have a learning disability, physical disability, long term conditions, older people, young carers, carers and people transitioning into adulthood.
- To carry out manual handling risk assessments, provide interventions and equipment; adhering to relevant Health and Safety legislation, local policies and procedures and adhering to best practice manual handing regulations.
- To carry out specialist functional assessments to include but not limited to; activities of daily living such as eating, communication, seating, postural assessments, environmental controls, adaptations, transport, accessing community.
- Professional degree level Occupational Therapy qualification or equivalent
- Full EU driving licence (and access to daily use of a car)
- Good working knowledge of the statutory framework for the relevant care group and of an appropriate range of professional interventions
- Experience in a Social Care or health care environment.
For an informal discussion, please contact Yogita Mistry - firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Sunday 7th January 2024
Interview Date: W/C 8th January 2024
Please be aware that we will be reviewing the applications we receive on a daily basis, and we reserve the right to close the advert early if suitable candidates are identified.
Wokingham Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, other workers and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful candidates for this role will be subject to Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks along with other relevant employment checks.
Wokingham is an equal opportunities employer.
How to apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CVs submitted without a fully completed online application form.