Assistant Manager - Residential Children's Homes
Salary: £45,441 - £50,512 Per Annum, Plus Benefits
Working Pattern: Full Time
Hours: 37 hours per week.
DBS Check: Enhanced
Closing Date: 07/01/2024 at 23:00
Reference: 712799 and 712800 and 712801
We have fantastic opportunity available for a Residential Children’s Home Assistant Manager to join our brand-new, multi-building Residential Children’s Homes within the borough.
As the Assistant Manager, you will play an active role in the day-to-day operation of the homes and provide key support to the Residential Homes Manager in their responsibilities for the effective management of the residential children’s homes. You will support the provision of a professional, child centered service, ensuring its accordance with the relevant regulations, legislation, codes of practice and policy and procedures.
Wokingham Borough Council’s aim is to enable our most vulnerable children and young people in care to live close to the things they hold dear – close to family, friends, community, and those who care for them most. This service comprises a multi-Building children’s home including a 4-bedroom Emotional Behaviour Disorder/Difficulties (EBD) home and the addition of a smaller Complex home.
These homes will enable more children with complex needs to remain in or return to Wokingham and to avoid the use of unregistered placements and children living away from their communities and networks.
- Support the Homes Manager to ensure that the service meet its statutory responsibility and is compliant with the Children’s Homes Regulations (2015).
- Assist in the development of a professional team that performs to the highest standards, ensuring effective supervision, staff development and training.
- Support the Homes Manager to exceed expectations at Inspection and Regulation 44 visits in terms of delivering positive outcomes for young people.
- Work openly with Quality Assurance to ensure good safeguarding standards and high-quality information recording are maintained.
- Line management for 8/9 members of staff over a working week, including 2 Senior Support workers, 4/5 Support workers and 1/2 Waking night staff.
- Take immediate management action when the welfare or safety of children or young people is as risk.
- Hold a professional qualification in Level 3 Residential Childcare or equivalent.
- Extensive professional work experience in a management position in a children’s residential setting.
- Knowledge of Children Act 1989 & CH regulations and good standards of practice.
- Demonstrate experience of working effectively with children, parents, colleagues and partner agencies.
This opportunity comes with an extensive range of incredible benefits including generous annual leave entitlement, a local government pension, flexible working arrangements, an employee assistance programme, a host of employee discounts and much more!
For an informal discussion, please contact Hayley Joyce (Residential Children’s Homes Manager) on Hayley.firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Sunday 7th January 2024, 11pm.
Interview Date: Week commencing 8th January 2024
Please be aware that we will be reviewing the applications we receive on a daily basis, and we reserve the right to close the advert early if suitable candidates are identified.
Wokingham Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, other workers and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful candidates for this role will be subject to Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks along with other relevant employment checks.
Wokingham is an equal opportunities employer.