Principal Transport Officer
Salary: £43,421 - £48,474 Per Annum
Location: Shute End/Home Working
Working Pattern: Full Time
Hours: 37 hours per week.
DBS Check: No
Closing Date: 10/12/2023 at 23:00
We are looking for a Principal Transport Officer to work collaboratively with local bus companies and key stakeholders to deliver a high-quality, low carbon and cost-efficient, local bus network. The ideal person is suitably experienced professional with a passion for improving bus travel and will drive initiatives to achieve passenger growth and improve services across Wokingham Borough.
This role will report to the Community Transport Manager and be responsible for the day-to-day delivery of the Council’s Enhanced Partnership Agreement and the associated Local Bus Service Improvement Plan.
- Collaborative working with local bus operators, neighbouring Councils, local Town and Parish Councils, internal departments, and other key stakeholders to plan and agree provisions for local bus services in each area of the borough.
- Project managing the delivery of initiatives which form part of the Local Bus Service Improvement Plan and Enhanced Partnership Agreement. Initiatives may range from the delivery of promotional publicity and behaviour change campaigns through to working with engineers on infrastructure improvements schemes.
- Procurement and contract management for new and existing local bus services where the Council has identified routes it believes are socially necessary.
- Taking the lead on the annual review of the Bus Service Improvement Plan and the monitoring and reporting on the associated key performance indicators.
- Supporting with the governance arrangements for the Enhanced Partnership Agreement by organising and attending Enhance Partnership Forum and Board meetings.
- Supporting the team with day-to-day queries about local bus services and providing advice to our development management teams on bus services for new developments.
Whilst this is a fixed term contract appointment, for anyone already employed by Wokingham Borough Council this would be classed as a secondment if successful. Therefore, the usual permission requests for secondments apply and you must speak to your line manager in the first instance before applying.
Closing date: Sunday 10th December 2023, 11pm
Interview date: 15th December 2023, subject to change
For an informal discussion, please contact: Rebecca Brooks (0778 382 8221) or Rebecca.Brooks@wokingham.gov.uk
Wokingham Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, other workers and volunteers to share this commitment.
Wokingham is an equal opportunities employer.