Social Worker (Early Support Team)
Salary: £40,221 - £46,464 Per Annum
Location: Wokingham Borough Council
Working Pattern: Full Time
Hours: 37 hours per week.
DBS Check: Enhanced
Closing Date: 05/12/2023 at 23:00
Reference: 711681 and 712695
We have a great opportunity available for a Social Worker to join our friendly Early Support Team in Adult Social Care on a full time, permanent basis.
As a Social Worker you will play a key role in determining eligibility for the provision of Community Care Services, in accordance with the Care Act 2014. There will be an emphasis upon working creatively to identify whether needs can be met in different ways, whilst applying a strengths based model of care. You will collaborate with key teams to provide a seamless service for individuals in the borough.
The main aim of the service is to enable individuals to live safely in the community, maximising individual’s abilities to care for themselves and supporting carers to continue in their caring role as long as they are able to. The service will support individuals to access support services in line with their eligible needs, with an emphasis on health, safety and wellbeing for vulnerable individuals.
You will receive a fantastic range of benefits including a generous annual leave allowance, a local government pension, flexible working arrangements, a host of discounts and much more!
- To work as part of a busy and dynamic team to provide information, advice and signposting to vulnerable adults and their carers.
- Being able to prioritise and manage risk on a day-to-day basis whilst holding a varied case load.
- To determine eligibility under the Care Act 2014 for the provision of Community Care Services;
- Where necessary, arrange interim adult Social Care Services, with an overarching role to ensure the safety and wellbeing of vulnerable residents and their carers.
- Complete Self Directed Support assessments, so a planning amount can be set for a Personal Budget
- Use a strengths based approach to provide advice and signposting to other sources of support as required.
- Registered with Social Work England
- Full UK driving licence
- Minimum 1 year experience post qualification and successful completion of ASYE
For an informal discussion, please contact Leila Hall email@example.com
Closing Date: Sunday 3rd December 2023, 11pm
Interview Date: W/C 11th December 2023
Please be aware that we will be reviewing the applications we receive on a daily basis, and we reserve the right to close the advert early if suitable candidates are identified.
Wokingham Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, other workers and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful candidates for this role will be subject to Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks along with other relevant employment checks.
Wokingham is an equal opportunities employer.
How to apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CVs submitted without a fully completed online application form.