Finance Liaison Officer - Children's Services
Salary: £26,421-28,770 per annum
Location: Shute End/Home Working
Working Pattern: Full Time
Hours: 37 hours per week.
DBS Check: Yes
Closing Date: 26/11/2023 at 23:00
We have an excellent opportunity for a Finance Liaison Officer to join our Finance Team on a 2 year Fixed Term Contract.
As the Finance Liaison Officer, you will act as a key liaison point with the SEND service, supporting robust data and financial information as a corner stone of wider financial decision making. The ideal candidate will be organised, willing to take responsibility, have experience of working accurately and quickly with large amounts of numerical data, and be committed to continuous improvement.
Wokingham Borough Council offers an excellent range of employment benefits including flexible working, an enhanced local government pension scheme, generous annual leave entitlement and much more. The finance team currently operate a hybrid working arrangement, with time split between home and Council’s offices.
Key Duties, Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Lead on tracking and co-ordinating resolution of finance queries for SEND
- Managing a busy email inbox, communicating with external organisations
- Assisting with analysis of data for budget monitoring and reporting
- Support the SEND management accountant to deliver high quality financial support to Children’s Services
Skills, Attributes & Experience required:
- Experience of dealing with large amounts of confidential data, with accuracy and speed
- Have an outstanding track record in delivering a customer focused service
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Excellent IT skills, including Microsoft Teams, Excel, Outlook and Word
- Ability to operate in large, complex and political organisations
Interested in the role and want to know more?
For an informal discussion on the role please contact: Al Moore, Finance Business Partner – Children’s Services email@example.com
Closing date: 26th November 2023, 11pm
Interview date: Week commencing 27th November 2023
Wokingham Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, other workers and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful candidates for this role will be subject to Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks along with other relevant employment checks.
Wokingham is an equal opportunities employer.
Please note, we will be reviewing applications daily, and if suitable candidates are identified this advert may close before the closing date.
Whilst this is a fixed term contract appointment, for anyone already employed by Wokingham Borough Council this would be classed as a secondment if successful. Therefore, the usual permission requests for secondments apply and you must speak to your line manager in the first instance before applying.
How to apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CVs submitted without a fully completed online application form.