IT Programme Manager (Adult Social Care/Children's Services)
Salary: £49,498 - £54,707 per annum, plus benefits
Location: Shute End/Home Working
Working Pattern: Full Time
Hours: 37 hours per week.
DBS Check: No
Closing Date: 10/12/2023 at 23:00
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced IT Programme Manager to join our IT Team here at Wokingham Borough Council, on a 12-month Fixed Term Contract.
As the IT Programme Manager, you will be responsible for the successful delivery of core strategic programmes and delivering on projects across Adult Social Care and Children’s Services. Specifically, you will manage programmes of work across systems including Mosaic, Capita One, and CRM for Education and focus on programme objectives, level risk and issue management.
This is a great opportunity to work on a range of major projects, collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders to drive good governance across the programme’s, ensuring information is clear and transparent, and supporting change management to maximise opportunities.
You will receive a fantastic range of benefits including 31 days annual leave (plus Bank Holidays), a local government pension, flexible working arrangements, on site gym at Shute End, a host of discounts and much more.
- Leading & Monitoring of the IT programme delivery for Adult Social Care & Childrens Services
- Responsible for tracking of project/programme scope and benefits
- Managing project budget and resource requirements for projects
- Managing project/programme level risks, issues and interdependencies within IT project delivery
- Resolving issues and dependencies with other Project managers and IT project delivery lead as necessary
Skills, qualifications, and experience:
- Relevant Programme and Project Management qualification or skills and experience (MSP or similar).
- Ability to articulate technical concepts and designs to stakeholders across the business with varying levels of technical understanding
- Good communication skills with the ability to express views clearly orally and in writing, to prepare reports and briefing notes for presentation to Project Groups, at Programme level, to Senior Managers or elected members.
- Proven experience of delivering projects within Adult Social Care and Children’s Services, including Mosaic, Capita One and CRM for Education
- Proven experience and evidence of working in multiple technical & analytical disciplines (data, system & workflow improvements, portals)
To request further information or to have an informal discussion about this role, please email Simon Beasley email@example.com.
Closing Date: Sunday 10th December 2023, 11pm
Interviews: Week Commencing 18th December 2023
Please be aware that we will be reviewing the applications we receive on a daily basis, and we reserve the right to close the advert early if suitable candidates are identified.
Whilst this is a fixed term contract appointment, for anyone already employed by Wokingham Borough Council this would be classed as a secondment if successful. Therefore, the usual permission requests for secondments apply and you must speak to your line manager in the first instance before applying.
Wokingham Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, other workers and volunteers to share this commitment.
Wokingham is an equal opportunities employer.
How to apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CVs submitted without a fully completed online application form.