IT Infrastructure Programme Manager
Salary: £49,498 - £54,707 per annum, plus benefits
Location: Shute End/Home Working
Working Pattern: Full Time
Hours: 37 hours per week.
DBS Check: No
Closing Date: 03/12/2023 at 23:00
We have an excellent opportunity for an IT Infrastructure Programme Manager to join our IT Team here at Wokingham Borough Council on a full-time, permanent basis.
As the IT Infrastructure Programme Manager, you will be responsible for the successful delivery and monitoring of core strategic programmes within a portfolio of change, delivering on projects such as Wide Area Network (WAN), wireless upgrades and Data Centre moves.
You will have a focus on programme objectives, programme level risk and issue management, and will ensure the quality and accuracy of reporting to drive best practice and future programme development.
This a fantastic opportunity to be involved in a number of major projects, driving, leading, and managing complex change to increase the efficiency and improved outcomes for Wokingham, whilst working in collaboration with senior leadership teams and stakeholders to deliver the corporate objectives of the Council.
You will receive a fantastic range of benefits including 31 days annual leave (plus Bank Holidays), a local government pension, flexible working arrangements, on site gym at Shute End, a host of discounts and much more.
- Leading & Monitoring of the Infrastructure programme delivery
- Responsible for tracking of project/programme scope and benefits
- Managing project budget and resource requirements for projects
- Managing project/programme level risks, issues, and interdependencies within IT project delivery
- Resolving issues and dependencies with other Project managers and IT project delivery lead as necessary
- Leading, motivating, and developing staff involved with Projects and Programmes in line with delivery requirements, including line management responsibilities.
Skills, qualifications, and experience:
- Experience working with and alongside technical infrastructure teams including managing technical projects
- Proven experience of delivering projects such as Wide Area Network (WAN), Wireless upgrades and Data Centre moves.
- Proven experience and evidence of working in multiple technical infrastructure disciplines (server, storage, networks, database, security)
- Relevant Programme and Project Management qualification or skills and experience (MSP or similar).
To request further information or to have an informal discussion about this role, please email Simon Beasley firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing Date: Sunday 3rd December 2023, 11pm
Interviews: Week Commencing 11th December 2023
Please be aware that we will be reviewing the applications we receive on a daily basis, and we reserve the right to close the advert early if suitable candidates are identified.
Wokingham Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, other workers and volunteers to share this commitment.
Wokingham is an equal opportunities employer.
How to apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CVs submitted without a fully completed online application form.