Technical Officer – Anti-social behaviour
Salary: Grade 6: £25,419 - £29,174 per annum FTE plus £4,700 shift allowance
Location: Wescott Annexe
Working Pattern: Evenings/Full Time/Nights/Weekends
Hours: 37 hours per week. 7 day a week shift work rota will be in place.
DBS Check: No
Closing Date: 25/05/2022 at 23:00
Wokingham has a clear ambition that services should be locally focused and responsive to the needs of residents and business. We have created a new 7-day a week service addressing anti-social behaviour from 1 April 2022.
We are seeking to recruit further Anti Social Behaviour Officers. Solving ASB and providing visible public reassurance, this 7-day a week service involves weekend and evening shift work, for which an additional allowance of £4,700 p.a. is provided on top of base salary. The shift work will be via a rota, with weekend work being required approximately three weekends in five.
You will preferably have knowledge or training in enforcing local authority regulations and resolving disputes, and relevant experience. For those new to local authority work, in service training can be provided.
You will be pivotal in delivering a quality service and a high level of performance. You will have a proven track record in problem solving, achieving compliance and customer satisfaction, with excellent people and communication skills and will possess a currently valid UK driving licence.
Key Duties, Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Respond to and investigate complaints from the public and determine and implement effective courses of action about the following issues (these are examples and not an exhaustive list)
- Domestic noise nuisance, such as loud music
- Noise and dust from construction sites
- Breaches of conditions attached to licensed premises
- Fly tipped or burning of rubbish
- Breaches of waste management by commercial premises
- Abandoned vehicles
- Premises which should have a licence but are unlicensed
- Undertake regular and visible inspections of anti-social behaviour hot spots, monitoring and enforcing schemes where appropriate to promote responsible behaviour, such as
- Waste carriers to ensure proper licensing and disposal methods
- Commercial premises for waste management
- Parks and open spaces where ASB is reported
- Licensed premises associated with disorderly behaviour
- Speak to and liaise with members of the public to persuade them to change their behaviour
- Ensure correct amounts are invoiced for the recovery of costs in relation to clearance of dumped items or rubbish
- Conduct investigations, surveys and surveillances aimed at detecting non-compliance with legislation.
- Enforce legislation in relation to anti-social behaviour, take evidence, prepare reports and attend court, where necessary.
- Drive and assist in the education of members of the public, to include production of publicity materials or events.
- Maintain social media communications, promoting responsible behaviour.
Don’t miss out on this exciting opportunity to be part of a team in our new Enforcement & Safety Service. For an informal discussion, do contact Ed Shaylor on 07871 735927 or Gina Frost on 07801 664540
Closing date for applications: 11pm, Wednesday 25 May 2022
Interviews scheduled to take place: 30 May - 1 June 2022
Wokingham Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, other workers and volunteers to share this commitment. Wokingham is an equal opportunities employer.
How to apply
Please apply online via the link provided, before the closing date *
Please note, we do not accept CVs submitted without a fully completed online application form. Should you wish to submit additional information in the form of a CV, please send this to: firstname.lastname@example.org
* Depending on volume of applications this closing date may be shortened