Technical Support Officer
Salary: £22,571 - £24,920
Location: Wokingham Borough Council
Working Pattern: Full Time
Hours: 37 hours per week.
DBS Check: No
Closing Date: 15/05/2022 at 23:00
Wokingham Borough Council is based in Wokingham Town Centre are recruiting an experienced Technical Support Officer to work within the IT Department. The position is based at our Shute End office in Wokingham and you will report to the Team Leader, Technical Support.
Within this position you will manage a wide range of technical solutions across the Council’s ICT estate and will predominantly provide technical support to internal staff and you will be working closely with colleagues across the Corporate IMT department, ensuring that customers’ issues and service requests are resolved in a timely fashion.
Main Accountabilities of the Post:-
· Call answering, logging and resolving incidents, customer communication management and escalation of urgent issues.
· Act as a single point of contact regarding the placing and resolution of IT issues and queries
- To assist in recording, tracking and prioritising incidents. Making an initial assessment of requests, attempting to resolve them or referring them to another support team who can.
- Troubleshooting of IT related problems (software/hardware)
· Take ownership of IT problems and follow up the status of problems on behalf of the customer, including communicating progress in a timely manner
Service Request Management
- Resolving all levels of Service Requests for customers, including application & account access
· Using Active Directory to create user accounts, reset passwords and creation of groups
· Maintaining the Council’s Asset Database, applying and tracking changes
· To be able to communicate with users in a professional, empathetic manner, with the ability to reason and effectively troubleshoot their problem with an understanding of the business needs
Administration & Support
- Publishing support documentation to assist staff with requests for information
- Maintaining the Council’s IT knowledge base
· Maintaining the IT self-serve documentation
Closing date: 11pm, 15th May 2022
For an informal discussion, please contact: Ivan Ayres, Ivan.Ayres@wokingham.gov.uk
How to apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CVs submitted without a fully completed online application form.