Salary: £22,571 - £24,920
Location: Shute End/Home Working
Working Pattern: Full Time
Hours: 37 hours per week.
DBS Check: No
Closing Date: 05/06/2022 at 23:00
Salary: £22,571 - £24,920 Grade 5
Recovery Officer (Council Tax and Business Rates)
We are looking for an experienced person to work as a Recovery Officer within the Revenues and Recovery Team to handle customer accounts and collect Council Tax and Business Rates. The team has consistently achieved very high percentage collection rates and you will help us to maintain our exceptional performance.
The main duties of the role are:
- Handling customer queries by telephone and email.
- Negotiating payment plans to ensure arrears are brought up to date as quickly possible, allowing for the customer’s circumstances.
- Monitoring customer accounts to ensure payments are being received and take action to progress recovery as appropriate.
- Deciding on the most effective means of collection on an individual case basis.
The successful candidate will have:
- Extensive experience of working in a revenues team collecting Council Tax and Business Rates
- Experience of working to targets and meeting strict deadlines.
- Experience of successfully resolving issues that require an element of judgement.
- The ability to manage difficult customer conversations and handle contentious casework.
- Excellent Customer Service skills
- Target driven to deliver a consistently high level of customer service.
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure
- Excellent Organisational skills
- Ability to manage a varied workload
- To be compassionate, empathetic and understanding
- Ability to work as part of a team and demonstrate team building skills
- Good level of IT and analytical skills
- Be a fast learner (training will be provided within this role)
For further information please contact Martin Sullivan – Recovery Team Leader, Mobile 07824 431142
Closing date for Applications: 5 June 22, 11pm
Wokingham Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, other workers and volunteers to share this commitment.
Wokingham is an equal opportunities employer.
How to apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CVs submitted without a fully completed online application form.