Salary: £22,571 - £24,920
Location: Shute End/Home Working
Working Pattern: Full Time
Hours: 37 hours per week.
DBS Check: No
Closing Date: 05/06/2022 at 23:00
Reference: 711054 & 711475
Revenues Officer x 2
Salary: £22,571 - £24,920 Grade 5
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Revenues Team who are responsible for the accurate billing and collection of Council Tax and Business Rates.
The post holder must have experience of working under pressure in a busy office environment and will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills along with good IT skills. We are looking for a good team player as you will be working as part of a small team, in a busy environment where no two days are the same.
The role will entail but not be limited to:
The maintenance of up to date and accurate records (including the granting of all relevant discounts, exemptions, etc.) in order to ensure that all tax liabilities are correctly billed and collected in accordance with challenging service performance targets while maintaining high standards of customer care.
- First point of contact for customer enquiries regarding Council Tax and Business Rates
- Taking and processing customer details including, but not limited to, change of circumstances, moves, discount and exemptions
- Making arrangements with customers in respect of outstanding tax liabilities
- Maximising income collection
- Working to targets and KPIs
To apply for this role, you must have the following:
- Experience of Council Tax and Business Rates Collection is desirable but not essential
- Excellent Customer Service skills
- Target driven to deliver a consistently high level of customer service.
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure
- Excellent Organisational skills
- Ability to manage a varied workload
- To be compassionate, empathetic and understanding
- Ability to work as part of a team and demonstrate team building skills
- Good level of IT and analytical skills
- Be a fast learner (training will be provided within this role)
For further information please contact Claire Ashcroft – Revenues Team Leader on: 07824 372742
Closing date for applications: 5 June 2022, 11pm
Wokingham Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, other workers and volunteers to share this commitment.
Wokingham is an equal opportunities employer.
How to apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CVs submitted without a fully completed online application form.