Benefits Support Officer - Specialist L1
Salary: £22,571 per annum
Location: Shute End/Home Working
Working Pattern: Full Time
Hours: 37 hours per week.
DBS Check: No
Closing Date: 15/05/2022 at 23:00
Benefits Support Officer – Specialist Level 1
Salary: £22,571 - £29,174 per annum, Grade 5-6 (career grade)
About the role
Wokingham Borough Council is seeking to recruit an enthusiastic and innovative individual who has some knowledge/awareness of Housing Benefit and Council Tax Reduction administration.
You should be capable of working in an accurate and organised way and have a good eye for detail.
As part of a busy team, it is essential that you can work well under pressure, meet deadlines, achieve challenging service performance targets and adopt a flexible approach.
We make extensive use of Information Technology and therefore you must be computer literate with a very good working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
You will help to provide an efficient, cost effective, quality focused and commercially driven support function, enabling effective service delivery to our residents and internal customers.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- An understanding of Housing Benefit and Council Tax reduction legislation
- A commitment to embracing change.
- The ability to interpret, extract and assess important information.
- Customer service ethos, striving to continually improve.
- The ability to work on their own initiative and take ownership and responsibility.
- A desire to improve their skills, knowledge and experience.
- Working with colleagues to achieve service performance targets.
- Excellent IT skills.
Closing Date 11.00pm 15/5/2022
For more information about the role please contact Kate Haynes (Benefits Manager) via email email@example.com
Wokingham Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, other workers and volunteers to share this commitment.
Wokingham is an equal opportunities employer.
How to apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CVs submitted without a fully completed online application form.