Kickstart Placement - Administrative Assistant, Sport & Leisure
Salary: Up to £8,594 for 37 hours per week for a 6 month placement, dependent on age
Location: Multiple locations around Wokingham
Working Pattern: Full Time
Hours: 37 hours per week. 9 to 5 Monday to Friday.
DBS Check: Enhanced
Closing Date: 30/05/2021 at 23:55
Reference: Kickstart AASL
Salary dependent on age: Under 18 - £4.62 per hour; 18 to 20 - £6.56 per hour; 21 to 22 - £8.36 per hour; 23 & Over - £8.91 per hour
The Kickstart Scheme is part of the Government’s ‘Plan for Jobs’ and seeks to help get 16-24 year olds who are claiming Universal Credit and are struggling to find work, into employment during the Covid-19 pandemic.
We are delighted to be offering some great Kickstart placement opportunities at Wokingham Borough Council. Each job placement will support successful applicants to build their confidence, gain hands-on paid experience in a real workplace, and learn important transferable skills.
During your six month placement you will receive comprehensive training across a number of areas, including developing your CV, career guidance and training specific to the role to enable a successful placement.
Key benefits include:
A real job with specified tasks, earning minimum wage and working 25 hours per week
- Full induction to Wokingham Borough Council and your team, including a friendly buddy to help you navigate your new role
- Assigned a mentor to provide support in identifying career goals
- Career guidance interviews
- Training and coaching to develop your application, CV and interview skills
- Support to identify and showcase your experience and achievements
- Opportunity for a look into other areas of the Council, including Finance, HR or IT
- A personalised Next Steps Career Plan, giving you confidence to move to the next stage of your career
If you are interested in a placement with Wokingham Borough Council, you must be registered with Jobcentre Plus and claiming Universal Credit. We are only able to accept applications from individuals who have been referred by their Work Coaches.
If you have any queries, please contact HR.Change@wokingham.gov.uk
Wokingham Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, other workers and volunteers to share this commitment. Some placements may be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check along with other relevant employment checks.
Wokingham is an equal opportunities employer.
How to apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CVs submitted without a fully completed online application form.